Sugar cookies are great. But you know what’s not-so-great? Having to roll out the dough… cut out shapes… bake the cookies… roll out the remaining dough… cut out more shapes… bake more cookies… repeat… repeat. Sometimes you just want something that’s a little bit easier and a little less time-intensive. These sugar cookie bars are your answer. It’s one giant sugar cookie that’s covered in buttercream icing and cut into squares. Easy!
PS: I made something *very* similar last Christmas! But those bars  featured almond extract.
Sugar Cookie Bars
Recipe source: crunchyrock.com 
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
5 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Meanwhile, mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
4. Add the vanilla to the creamed mixture and then slowly add the dry ingredients.
5. Press into a greased 13 x 18 inch pan and bake at 375F for 10-15 minutes.
6. Cool and frost.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt
4 cups powdered sugar
5 Tablespoons of milk
1. In a mixing bowl, beat the shortening and butter until creamy.
2. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar.
3. Gradually add the 5 tablespoons of milk until you reach your desired constancy.
4. Spread frosting and cover with sprinkles immediately. If you wait, the frosting will “set” and the sprinkles will bounce off and won’t stick!
5. Chill and cut into squares.