Law school makes me feel like a Grinch every year. Each December is clouded by finals, studying, worry, anxiety, and general stress. But this is the LAST December that law school will ruin, as I’ll be graduating in May. I cannot wait to have my weekends and evenings free (and I will — no Big Law for me!) to celebrate the season. I’ll be able to enjoy all the things that get pushed aside — holiday baking, decorating, sending out Christmas cards, etc.
My last final is tomorrow morning — then I’m heading home to see my parents for Christmas. I. Cannot. Wait. But for the next 24 hours or so I will remain a Grinch ;)
Recipe source: In Katrina’s Kitchen 
1 box french vanilla cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Green food coloring, a couple drops
Powdered sugar for dusting
Sprinkles or candies, large heart-shaped
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In the bowl of your mixer cream together cake mix, food coloring, oil, and eggs.
3. Chill the dough for 10-15 minutes.
4. Drop by Tablespoon into confectioners sugar and roll into balls.
5. Place on baking sheet and press 1 large heart candy/sprinkle.
6. Bake for 8 minutes until just set. (I baked mine closer to 10 minutes)
7. Let cool 2 minutes on pan before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.