Candy corn is one of those polarizing candies – you either love it or hate it. I love it… for about 5 minutes. Then I want nothing to do with it until next Halloween. But just about anything having to do with a cookie cake is great in my book. I made this cookie cake last month  – but this time it has a Halloween twist.
Candy Corn Cookie Cake
Recipe source: dineanddish.net 
1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour, plus 4 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips [I used mini chips for this one, they worked really well!]
1. Beat butter and sugars together.
2. Add eggs and vanilla.
3. Mix flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
4. Add dry ingredients to the batter and mix until well blended.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Spread dough into a 15 1/2 inch round pan.
7. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
I spread a layer of vanilla frosting on top of the cake and then topped with candy corn. Be creative with your design!