Happy birthday to Chloe! Her grandmother asked me to make Frozen-themed goodies for Chloe’s birthday party. I made a batch of these cupcakes  — as well as this Olaf cake. I don’t have step-by-step instructions for this cake, but below you’ll find some bullet points with some tips and hints. Warm hugs from Olaf to you all!
Olaf (from Frozen) Birthday Cake
- I made two 9×13 chocolate cakes. I used box mixes for the cake cause they are reliable and delicious. Any flavor cake would work for this design.
- All of the icing used on this cake is the White Buttercream Icing recipe — which you can find on this  page. I made three batches to be sure I’d have plenty to work with.
- When the cakes have cooled, assemble and frost the entire cake with white buttercream icing.
- I piped a border using purple and blue icing. I used Wilton gel colorings — Violet and Sky Blue. I used a small star tip. I don’t remember the exact tip #, but many would work for this technique.
- I rolled out of a package of purple fondant (Wilton brand) and cut out “Happy Birthday Chloe!” using small alphabet cutters (craft stores sell these, as well as online retailers like Amazon).
- I piped Olaf by hand. As a result, I don’t have many tips or tricks to offer you. I found a photo online to work from and drew the design into the cake with a toothpick (a good idea in case you make a mistake — you can just smooth the icing over and start again!). I then covered the toothpick sketch with black icing (use a small round pastry trip).
- I used store-bought chocolate icing for his arms, eyebrows, and hair. Again, use a small round tip — smaller than the one you used for the outline of Olaf, if possible.
- I piped his orange nose on with a round tip, as well as his black buttons.
- His eyes are candy eyes — which are a Wilton product I found at Target (craft stores also sell them).
- The snowflakes were piped on with a small round tip.
- If you have any questions, please let me know and I can try to clarify! I’m sorry that I can’t provide exact pastry tip numbers — I forgot to write them down when I was making the cake!