Alright, truth time: these cookies have become my favorite homemade cookie. For. Real. This is serious biz, as I REALLY loved my chocolate butter cookies or homemade Oreos. But these cookies are perfect. I’ve been a fan of Rolos since age five. My grandma used to take me to Dinkel’s Pharmacy (cute, yet ridiculous name, right?) and would buy me a roll of Rolos. It’s no wonder I love the little caramel candies so much.
Furthermore, pecans are my favorite nut. I normally don’t like nuts in cookies, but I’m sold on these. I’ve made two batches already. Plus another batch for the office. They’re a huge hit around here. Give them a try – I guarantee you’ll like them!
1-1/2 cups unsalted butter; softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans
30 Rolos; frozen at least 2 hours
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. In large bowl, beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in chocolate chips and pecans.
3. Measure dough using a medium cookie scoop (about 1.5 tablespoons). Roll into a ball and then flatten in the palm of your hands.
4. Place a frozen Rolo in the centers of the flattened dough balls and form dough back into a ball around the Rolo.
5. Place Rolo stuffed dough balls into the freezer for 15-20 minutes before baking.
6. On cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, place dough balls 2 inches apart.
7. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.