I know that summer is pretty much gone for most of us, but we had a bit of an Indian Summer here in Milwaukee a few weeks ago. It was in the 90s and very unlike September. Thankfully that nonsense corrected itself and we’re back to cooler temps!
Do any of you go camping in the fall? No matter what time of year, s’mores are always a must if you’re camping or sitting around the fire. If you lack a campfire, this snack is a great substitute. Seriously, this version of puppy chow is SO GOOD! The only thing that would make it better would be to melt the marshmallows, but I haven’t quite figured out how to do that with puppy chow.
6 cups rice Chex cereal
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup brownie mix, from the box
3 cups Golden Grahams
3 cups marshmallows
1. Place cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a microwave proof bowl, melt chocolate, peanut butter and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
3. Pour over cereal and fold until covered.
4. Dump into a large plastic bag and add brownie mix, seal and shake until coated.
5. Dump onto a cookie sheet and let cool.
6. Pour into a large bowl and mix with Golden Grahams and marshmallows.