YOU GUYS. These are weird, but amaaaaaaaaaaazing! One of my all-time favorite foods is potato chips. Probably because I’ve been eating them since birth. My family used to own a potato chip factory in my hometown of Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Potato chips everywhere… all the time. I was even posed with a box of potato chips in my 4-year old professional photos. Pretty fab, right? ;)
I don’t know why these haven’t been done before — or how I’ve gone this long without thinking to combine potato chips and marshmallows. These are just like rice krispie treats — but instead of rice krispies, use potato chips. I loved them. My dad (and treat tester), however, did not. He thought they were too weird and oily.
So I don’t know where you, my dear readers, would fall on this issue. It’s worth making them to see if you love or hate ’em!
3 Tablespoons butter
4-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 cups crushed original ruffles chips, crushed (1 8-oz. bag)
1. Melt butter in large pot over medium low heat.
2. Stir in marshmallows and melt completely.
3. Remove from heat and add in vanilla and crushed chips.
4. Coat completely in marshmallows and pour into greased 9×9 dish.
5. Press to flatten using greased fingers and cool to room temperature. Cut into squares and serve.