Hi everyone! I thought I’d take a quick break in posting recipes and instead tell you about a few new-ish features of With Sprinkles On Top.
- There is now a Print Recipe link included in almost every post. Hopefully this will make your lives easier if you ever want to print one of the posts.
- If you are looking for something specific, be sure to check the master lists of recipes. I’ve made an alphabetical list and a categorical list. There is generally a bit of a lag in updating those lists, so recipes from new posts might not be added right away.
- Everyone loves frosting, right? I’ve made a list of my favorite icing recipes. Also, is there a difference between the term “frosting” vs “icing”? I use them interchangeably.
- One of the most common questions I get is, “what is your favorite recipe?” I can’t pick just one. I had a hard time narrowing it down to twenty five. But here are my twenty-five favorite recipes. I’m sure that list will change over time.
- And now, a question for you: is there anything specific you’d like to see on the site? More cupcakes? Less chocolate? More this? Less that? I get a lot of questions about food photography, so I’ve been thinking about doing a tutorial on that topic (though I am, by no means, an expert!).
And finally, I thought I’d fill out this survey that I originally read on one of my favorite food blogs, Sugar Plum. I always enjoy learning more about the bloggers behind the blogs — and after maintaining this blog for almost 3 years, I thought I’d share more about me. That’s me to the left with my beloved Dunkin Donuts coffee. It’s one of the things I miss most about living in Chicago — and quite honestly, I will always love DD coffee more than the drinks found at fancy pants coffee shops. But anyway, on with the ABCs of Annie.
A. Age: 26. Almost 27. My birthday is on August 21… send presents. ;)
B. Bed size: Queen.
C. Chore you hate: Grocery shopping (the irony is not lost on me). I would rather vacuum, dust, clean toilets, or scrub the floors than go to the store.
D. Dogs: Would LOVE to have one.
E. Essential start to your day: Diet Pepsi + Quaker Corn Bran cereal (no milk)
F. Favorite color: Green
G. Gold or silver: It depends.
H. Height: 5’9″
I. Instruments you play: I played piano when I was young.
J. Job title: Unemployed twentysomething with a MPH
K. Kids: Eventually. Maybe. Not now.
L. Live: Downtown Madison, WI
M. Mom’s name: Jeanne
N. Nicknames: Annie itself is a nickname, as my real name is Ann. Other nicknames I’ve had over the years include Peanut, Annid, and Hannie.
O. Overnight hospital stays: No, but a few trips to the hospital in the middle of the night.
P. Pet peeve: Just one? Habitually lateness. Inattentive drivers. Those little paper inserts in magazines.
Q. Quote from a movie: That rug really tied the room together.
R. Right or left handed: Right
S. Siblings: None
T. Time you wake up: It depends.
U. Underwear: No. I’m not going to discuss my underwear on my baking blog. As GOB would say, COME ON!
V. Vegetables you dislike: Carrots
W. What makes you run late: Usually nothing. I always like to be early or on time.
X. X-rays you’ve had: Dental; plus a few abdominal X-rays
Y. Yummy food you make: Uh, check out this blog.
Z. Zoo – favorite animal: Not a fan of zoos. But I do like elephants.