These cookies just make my heart happy. Who doesn’t love Charlie Brown and the whole Peanuts gang? Rather than a step-by-step tutorial, here are some bullet points explaining how I made these:
- These cookies were inspired by Pink Apron Baker
- The gigantic (these cookies are about 6″ tall) cookie cutter was purchased on Amazon
- My cookies turned out lumpy, as you can see. Yikes. I’m still trying to figure out how to make perfectly smooth cut-out cookies. Any suggestions for me?? Help!
- The “lights” are jumbo rainbow nonpareils from Wilton; it was the most tedious part of making these — as I put each little sprinkle on with a tweezers!
- I used my grandmother’s cookie recipe for these
- If you are new to decorating with royal icing, please see this post at Annie’s Eats
- I outlined the dog house in black first, then I outlined Snoopy in white. After those outlines dried, I flooded each cookie with red icing — and flooded Snoopy with white icing. When the flooded icing dried, I drew the details with black icing — the lines on the house and strings of lights — as well as Snoopy’s ears, nose, eyes, etc.
Let me know if you have any questions — and I hope you’ve enjoyed the 12 days of updates on my blog!