Happy birthday to……… someone! It’s not my birthday and it’s not the birthday of any of my friends or family members, but let’s celebrate birthdays anyway! I saw these birthday cake-flavored Oreos at the grocery store and they were in my cart 0.2 seconds later. One of my favorite cookies ever is Picky Palate’s Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. I thought I could put a different twist on the same recipe – this time making them with the birthday cake-flavored Oreos. The result was amazing. My one and only regret is that I didn’t put white chocolate chips into these babies. I was going to and then realized that I was out of white chocolate chips — and the winter weather made me less inclined to go out and get another bag.
PS: If, by chance, today is your birthday — happy birthday!!!
2 sticks softened butter
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
10 oz bag white chocolate chips
1 bag birthday cake Oreos
1/2 cup sprinkles (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a stand or electric mixer cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with white chocolate chips and sprinkles until just combined.
4. Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo Cookie. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo is enclosed with dough.
5. Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.