Remember how I mentioned in Monday’s post that I have a lot of leftover cherry chips? Well here’s a recipe that used some of them up! Cherry is my favorite flavor of just about everything, so I was a big fan of these.
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup cherry chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a 8Ã—8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars.
3. Add egg and vanilla mixing until well combined.
4. Slowly add flour, baking soda, salt, white and cherry chips. Mix until just combined.
5. Transfer dough to prepared baking pan, pressing evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and baked through. Let cool completely then cut into squares to serve.
My pan made 9 bars; the yield will depend on how large you cut the bars.