This idea and recipe came from Bakerella and the modified cake mix recipe she used was from the Bundt Classics Recipe Book.
Rich Chocolate Cake
1 (18.25 oz.) pkg. dark chocolate cake mix
1 (3.4 oz.) pkg. instant chocolate pudding
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup warm water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line cupcake pans with baking cups.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips.
4. Mix 2 minutes on medium speed.
5. Increase speed to medium-high; mix 3 minutes.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Spoon into cupcake pans.
8. Bake at 350 for around 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1b. 10X powdered sugar
1-3 teaspoons milk, half and half or cream
1. Using a mixer, cream softened butter and vanilla with a mixer until smooth.
2. Add sugar gradually, allowing butter and sugar to cream together before adding more.
3. If you want it a little creamier, add a teaspoon of milk at a time and beat on high until you get the right texture.
*I used AmeriColor neon purple food coloring on some of the cupcakes. Only a few drops were needed to make pastel purple.
2 thoughts on “Conversation Heart Cupcakes – Valentine’s Week Day 2”
Oooo – a delicious use for those candy hearts!
And sadly, I CANNOT STAND those candy hearts! They rank right up there with milk on my list of gross foods.