Today is a disgusting, dreary, cloudy, rainy day.
What better pick-me-up than to make cheery, yellow, happy lemon bars?
The recipe is simple and I had all of the ingredients I needed (I love it when that happens).
Yield: About 9 bars
Refreshing, light, and lemon-y!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
For the crust:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
For the filling:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Make the crust:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Sift the flour and sugar. Cream the butter and slowly blend in the flour/sugar mixture. Flatten into a 9×9 pan and bake for 15.
Make the filling:
1. Beat the eggs. Add the sugar and salt. Beat until light and lemon-colored.
2. Mix the flour, powdered sugar, and lemon juice together. Fold into the egg mixture. Pour over crust and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350F.
Your yield will depend on how big or small you cut your bars.
3 thoughts on “Lemon Bars”
i LOVE lemon bars
mmmmmm. This sounds absolutely delicious.