Mmmm. Three of my favorite things: peanuts, caramel, and marshmallows. All combined into one chewy, ooey, gooey treat.
Yield: About 9 bars
Salted Peanut Bars
A wonderful and EASY ooey, gooey, peanut-y treat!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Additional Time 2 hours
Total Time 2 hours 20 minutes
- 2-1/4 cups coarsely chopped peanuts
- 50 store-bought soft caramel squares, unwrapped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
1. Lightly coat an 8×8″ baking dish with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang on all sides, then lightly coat parchment with spray. Cover paper with 1-1/4 cups peanuts.
2. In a medium pot, combine 1 Tablespoon water, caramels, and marshmallows over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until caramels and marshmallows melt and mixture is smooth. Immediately pour over peanuts, then top with remaining 1 cup peanuts.
3. Let cool until set, about 2 hours. Cut into bars.
Your yield will depend on how big or small you cut your bars.