A simple and delicious recipe for your Monday morning.
Sweet Potato Cupcakes
Recipe source: Paula Deen
1 box spice cake mix
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 can (15 oz.) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
3 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
3. In a medium bowl, combine sweet potatoes, oil, water, and eggs; add to cake mix mixture. Beat a medium speed with a mixer until smooth. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling two-thirds full. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a tester comes out clean (Mine had to bake for about 25 minutes — so check the timing!) Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and then cool completely on wire racks.
4. Spread cinnamon-cream cheese frosting evenly over cupcakes and garnish with cinnamon.
Cinnamon-Cream Cheese Frosting
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1 Tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
7 cups powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, cream, honey, and cinnamon at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth.
12 thoughts on “Sweet Potato Cupcakes”
These are basically a dream come true for me! And they’d go perfectly with my sweet potato ice cream :)
Great photo, I wager better cupcake!
Sues – I always think of you when I bake anything pumpkin or sweet potato-related!
Justino – Thanks!
I made 2 dozen of these cupcakes and took them into work the next day. Needless to say they were gone before lunch and I was asked if I could make them again before I left. They are so yummy!
Your sweet potato cupcakes are absolutely amazing! I’m delighted with them! I’ve featured this recipes on my blog! I hope you don’t mind! If you don’t agree with that please contact me and I will remove it. All the best.
Glad you enjoyed them! :) You’re more than welcome to feature the recipe on your blog.
Hi Annie. The cupcakes look amazing. I wanted to know which icing nozzle you used to decorate them? I see that design and am stumped every time it see it. I’m going to definitely try this recipe. Thanks for sharing it
hi Candi – thanks for the comment! I used a Wilton 1A tip for these. You can purchase Wilton tips at Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, or Jo-Ann Fabrics. Hope that helps!
I have both a 1M and 2D tips. Can I use either one of those? Thank you.
Love the cupcakes! Thank you for sharing!